Thursday, July 19, 2012

Anniversary Number 15!

Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary. 

In case you wanted to buy us a gift, the suggestion is Crystal.  It's probably not really necessary or practical because 1) we have too many kids and nowhere to put and or use crystal.  And 2) we have no other crystal items because we registered at Target and at the time they didn't have crystal. (maybe they still don't, I have no idea)

After our wedding Gabe had to return to the tuxes of his groomsmen who were too busy lazy to return them.  Upon dropping them off at the rental shop the salesman said "I always like to check the pockets to see if anything got left behind".  He holds up the pants, starts shaking them and "clink clink"....Gabe puts his hands into the pockets and pulls out....FOUR SPOONS.  Why on earth did they need 4 spoons from the reception?  I have no idea.  But, in our box of stuff leftover from our wedding, we have 4 spoons.  A nice memento I guess!

Here is a picture of Gabe and I early on in our relationship.  This picture was taken during a phase in my life when I only took pictures of myself.  Shockingly, this didn't turn out too bad.  But, WOW, were we young!  (I actually think we are in our 20's in this picture.)

Quit reading now if you don't want to read me getting sentimental...

15 years.  It feels like a bit of a milestone.  If I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know now,  I would change many many things, but there's not a doubt in my mind that I would still say yes.  I feel like I uncovered some lucky penny somewhere that granted me this amazing wish.  We have no money, we are worn out from raising kids, we don't get to see each other enough; but if you asked me to dream up my perfect marriage, I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Straight to the point and well written! Why can't everyone else be like this?