Saturday, June 21, 2008

6 Months!

Maisy is 6 months old! I can't believe that 6 months has passed already.

Maisy was born on the shortest day of the year. This evening while I was explaining to Johnny why he was going to bed and it was still light out I was thinking about how Maisy was born on what is technically know as "the shortest day of the year" and yet I think Gabe would consider that day to be the "the longest day of the year". (The day began with me waking Gabe at 7:30 am with the following phrase - "I think I'm in labor. I've been having regular contractions since 2:30 am; but they aren't that close yet. WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL I CLEAN THE ENTIRE HOUSE". And I was off! My house has never looked so clean!!! Gabe shoved me out the door to the midwives office before I had a chance to take a load to the dump!)


Maisy has begun trying rice cereal. I'm not certain that any of it has actually reach her stomach though. Maisy's reflux has gotten progressively worse and the medicine we are trying has to dissolve in her mouth. This is next to impossible, so we are trying to dissolve it in breast milk and spoon it into her mouth. Again, I'm not certain that it is reaching her stomach! (very cute bib courtesy of my friend Michelle!)


She's still very smiley and LOVES her brother. She gets so excited when she sees him. Johnny spend the night at Grammie and Grandpa's house and she started laughing when he came back. She spent the evening looking at him and laughing big belly laughs. It's very sweet. Luckily, Johnny loves her alot as well! He still wants to marry her and enjoys playing with her. (she hasn't begun stealing his toys yet!)

This is her "cabbage patch kid face."


So far I think Maisy seems to have a pretty calm personality. She seems to look around and take everything in. But, she's also very busy. When she's awake her arms and legs are constantly in motion. Maybe this is why she sleeps so much! (She took 4 naps today!)

And - she even lets me fix her hair!



Here is Maisy's first adventure in eating

No comments: