Tuesday, July 19, 2011

14th Anniversary


Today is our 14th Anniversary
or
our "Ivory" anniversary

Gabe and I got married when we were 23 years old.  We had been together for 3½ year and I considered myself an old spinster.  Patience has never been my strong suit.  Finally we got engaged and married. 

This year I gave Gabe the best anniversary presents ever. 
#1) I am letting him take a nap
&
#2) I found 2 socks for him to wear (that match) in the gigantic laundry pile, that is now level with the dryer. 
(he is not appreciative of either gift!)

In recent years I have really worked on my patience and letting life happen on life's terms rather than my own.  While spending a week in the hospital after Olive's birth, I had a lot of free time to reflect and think about my life.  Gabe and I have had many trials over the years and the main thought I kept having was that I am thankful I was patient enough to see where life would take us; because it is much better than I ever could have imagined. 
Gabe is an amazing husband and our relationship is better than I ever thought marriage would be.  We have three amazing kids who enhance our lives in so many ways.  (unfortunately not always positive!!!)  Gabe is a very natural father and I am lucky to be able to parent with him.  I began taking parenting classes when Johnny was 3 months old to learn what Gabe already seems to have inside of him.

On this anniversary I am glad that I have found the patience to see what life has in store for me.

Here is my favorite picture from our wedding...
This is our friend Kelly with Gabe's grandmother (left) and Aunt (right).
Please note, after we came home from our honeymoon, Gabe returned Kelly's tux to the store.  They were doing a "once over" to make sure nothing got left in the pockets and they found...4 spoons, taken from the reception.


1 comment:

kg said...

Congratulations Kristi and Gabe! I am so glad I got to be a part of your wedding and that we are still friends after all these years...I think you are amazing.